5.26.2008

Booger Nose

One thing about our boys is that they like to come up with creative entertainment. The downside is that, if they wake up before anyone else, they may create entertainment at the expense of those still sleeping. I remember faintly hearing Evan say, "wake up, Daddy!" in his little sing-song voice. I smiled and considered opening my eyes, just as his fingers opened one for me. Both boys were thoroughly amused by that trick, as I fumbled to protect myself from further probing.

Recently, Nathan woke up from his nap before Evan. It was a Sunday afternoon, and the whole family was napping together in our bed. Nathan pulled out a sizeable booger and Laura (also awake) asked him where he thought he was going to put it. The point she was trying to make was that he'd better not flick it, stick it or eat it. The idea was that he slip out of the bed and get a Kleenex or toilet paper or napkin to dispose of his little "nose goblin". Nathan had a different idea - he reached over and stuck it in Evan's nose while Evan was still sleeping! Thankfully, Evan is a heavy nostril breather when he sleeps, and the thing shot right out. Being out myself, I don't know what ultimately happened, but Laura was too tickled to notice where the thing ended up. I'd better go check my ears...

No comments: