Nathan is "vanilla". He likes things to be familiar, predictable, orderly, simple. He also prefers vanilla ice cream over the "wild" flavors I like. Evan is more likely to go for the mint chocolate chip, mocha madness, or at least chocolate and coffee flavors. Nathan is fine with vanilla. Evan likes to stand up on his bike, put his feet up on the top tube, and ride with one hand - sometimes all at once (much to our disapproval!). Nathan is content to stay safely on his seat. (Although he did ride through a ditch the other day - on purpose!) Nathan tests the water before getting into the pool. Evan does a running jump in the pool without even considering the depth or temperature. Nathan is a thinker, a strategist, pointing the way. Evan is a doer, an activist, leading the way (most often, according to Nathan's direction). I love them both for who they are. There's no favorite one. They're both highly favored above all the other kids out there. Truth is, they're both like their mom and I in so many ways. I do, however, prefer Nathan's straight-forward honesty to Evan's sneaky tendencies. Just a couple days ago, Nathan confessed to Laura, "Mom, sometimes I get the coffee creamer carton out of the fridge and drink some right out of the carton. It's REALLY GOOD!" So THAT's where it's been going!
Oh, and it's "french VANILLA"!
8.25.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i agree about evan being like laura on the sneaky part! ive seen that lady at work on being sneaky. i can't believe that nathan was drinking the creamer and confessed!! i guess you can say he is maturing with what he was drinking and that he confessed! go Nathan!! haha
Post a Comment