8.23.2010

Cowboy Evan

It was a steamy Saturday morning and Evan woke up with something in his craw.  He was itchin' for the rest of us to getty-up with him (although Sat is the ONLY day I can actually sleep in).  Before I could even get out of bed, Evan was standing beside it with a cowboy hat and some boots that looked a lot like some I had deep in my closet. Oh, that's because they WERE.  So... by the time I got to the front of the house, Evan was outside in the driveway, waving howdy to neighbors and passersby in his cowboy hat, surf shirt, jogging shorts and my boots.  Nice.  I called him inside for breakfast, and he took off the hat and boots.  A few minutes later, I grabbed the garb to move it off the table.  "NO, Dad! Don't take my cowboy stuff!" Evan, I'm not taking it - I'm just moving it out of the way.  "But DAD! I'm not done being a cowboy!"  Son, I've got a feeling you're going to be a "cowboy" all your life!

No comments: