8.19.2010

Speedy "E"

If you've followed the blog for long (at least since June) you know that the boys learned to ride their bikes without training wheels this summer.  If you paid attention to the pics and video clip, you noticed that Evan's bike was significantly smaller than Nathan and friends.  This worked to provide two issues: First, Evan was always lagging behind the other boys, no matter how fast/hard he pedaled.  Second, a family road trek for a mile or so would leave Evan BEAT!  I told Laura that I suspected Evan would be blowing the other kids away once he got a bike the same size, as he was always working at least twice as hard just TRYING to keep up.  Finally, I had enough of watching him pedal so hard and still lag behind everyone.  SO, we decided not to wait until birthday or Christmas to give him an upgrade.  Saturday, we went to Toys R Us and let him sample and pick out a new bike - same size as Nathan's.  He decided on a blue one and as soon as he hit the street with it, he was SO HAPPY!! The boys rode for awhile with their friend, Charles, and then Evan came inside for a drink...

Hey, pal! How's that new bike working out for you?
It's AWESOME, DADDY! It's MUCH BETTER than my John Deere bike!
Do the other kids like it?
Yeah, but DADDY! - When we were racing our bikes, I BEAT EVERYBODY!!

Ahhh... I KNEW it!  I suspect now I'll hear the older boys complaining that Evan's going too fast as opposed to the complaints of how slow he was all summer!

No comments: