8.24.2010

The Streak

One of my favorite songs as a kid was Ray Stevens' "The Streak".  "Oh, yes, they call him the streak... fastest thing on two feet... "  This past Sunday evening, Evan and I had some pool time together while Nathan was playing at a neighbor's house.  After we got out of the pool, we went inside to change into dry clothes.  I helped Evan get dry and sent him to get dressed in his room while I got dressed in mine.  When I came out of my room, Evan was nowhere to be found.  "Evan..." No reply. I checked the bathroom, his room, the kitchen, the backyard, and opened the front door to see his bike next to Nathan's in our neighbor's driveway.  I was just about to head over there when the phone rang.  It was the neighbor.  "Hello?" "Hi, David (muffled laughter in the background)... I just wanted you to know that Evan had come over to visit (snicker) with nothing on but his underwear!  So, I sent him home to get some more clothes."  "Thanks!" I said, as I looked out the door to see him drive up in all his "glory" - with a "what's-the-big-deal" expression on his face. I'd post a pic, but I don't want any weirdo's checking out my son... At least he wasn't naked (this time).

No comments: