5.17.2010
Nathan's "MySpace"
Driving in the car, I wanted to find a phone number for a local business. I have a small business-only phone book that I keep in the back pouch of the passenger seat for just such occasions. When I reached for it, there was no phone book, only several legos, a book, and the most recent kid's meal whatchamathingy. "Nathan, do you know where the phone book is that was in that pocket?" "I took it out." "Son, I want to keep that in there for when I need it." "But, Dad, can't you find another place to keep it?!" "Nathan. I have a place for it. Why did you move it?" "Because I've got toys in there and some of them are breakable!" Really. Needless to say, we had a discussion about having discussions about these sort of things before he just decides on his own how things should be as the world revolves around him. These are great opportunities to examine the sin of selfishness - for both of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment