5.20.2010

Awesome Day

It was a day like any other day - hot, humid, frequent arguments between the boys... and I, well, I was just plain tired.  Tired of Evan's whining, tired of customer issue calls on my day off with my family, and just plain physically tired!  But, I got to spend some quality time with the boys while Laura went off to get herself pampered at the salon.  When she returned, we all helped dig up a tree/bush that had died from several winter freezes.  After I chopped the root ball free from the soil and hauled it off to the street, I heard Nathan over my shoulder declare, "Mom! Did you SEE DADDY DO THAT?! He's SUPER STRONG!! That was AWESOME!"

Later, we returned from some errands when I noticed a small dead branch caught in the gutter just over the front door of the house.  I had Nathan hold the bag in my hand while I launched myself to the roof's edge and yanked the branch down.  I'll admit, I was a little surprised I got it on the first try.  Or at all, without a stool or ladder.  But, Nathan just stood there with a big smile and eyes alight with pride as he declared, "DAD! You're AWESOME! That was COOL!  Mom, did you SEE that?!"

One day, a few years from now, none of that will impress my sons, but shhhhh... Allow me to bask in my Awesome Day for a little while longer!

No comments: