On Tuesday, Nathan came home from school with one of his front teeth in a bag pinned to his shirt. "How did that come out?" I asked him. "Mrs. Rhoney pulled it out!"
(Toothless Tuesday)
On Wednesday, the boys had just been tucked into bed and lights turned out when there was a knock on the wall between our rooms. I knew Nathan needed something, because Evan will just appear out of nowhere when he needs something - Nathan knocks on the wall! Anyway, by the time I got up to go, Evan was coming down the hall... "Daddy! Nathan needs you to come see!" (the urgency in his voice did not alarm me, as I am accustomed to my boys' knack for melodrama) "What's the problem?" "Nathan's trying to get his tooth out!" Envisioning blood all over his pillow and sheets, I hurriedly flipped on their light as I rushed to Nathan. "What's up, pal?" "My other tooth is loose and I wanna just pull it out so it doesn't bother me." And... the whole family congregated in the bathroom for 15 minutes while Nathan, the tooth-wrangler, extracted the bloody little chiclet that had served him well for nearly six years! Good job, Nathan!
(Wide-Gap Wednesday)
No comments:
Post a Comment