4.03.2010
Brothers n Fries
Dark. Late. The smell of Canes' Chicken filled the car. Nathan was the keeper of the box. Though he'd been instructed to wait until we got home, his hunger drove him over the edge and he just couldn't keep his little fingers off of those fries! I knew what had happened without looking. The sudden burst of chicken aroma let me know the seal had been broken. A quick glance in the rear-view mirror confirmed it - Nathan was stuffing several fries in his mouth as the street lights flickered across his guilty-but-worth-it expression. Evan fussed, "Daddy, I want some fries!" "Son, I don't have any fries - you need to ask Nathan." "Nathan! Gimme some fries!" he demanded. I knew Nathan was not going to give him any with that kind of attitude. The boys know to ask for things better than that, and Nathan often views himself as Evan's third parent when it comes to teaching right and wrong. Nathan didn't disappoint, "Evan, 'gimme some fries' is not working for me. Try asking the right way." Evan was hungry enough not to fight over methods. "May I please have some fries, Nathan?" How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!(Ps.133:1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment