6.04.2008

"Batend" Watch

I bought the boys some kid's meals from Whataburger and there were little "wrist launchers" inside - a plastic watch-like toy that shoots little plastic discs at the desired target (translation: your brother). The boys' uncle Brad got them set up with these things before they ate, so they basically did not eat until an hour later (thanks, brother!). Nathan announced, "Daddy! This is a Batend Watch!" (Huh?) "What, Nathan?" "It's a Batend Watch!" "Well, it's not a watch, buddy, it's a wrist launcher!" "No, dad, it's a Batend Watch! Tony has one, too!" Tony is a friend of the boys, and they had played at he and his brothers' recently. Tony is sort of between Nathan and Evan in age, and I guess his "batend watch" is a "pretend watch". I attempted to correct my son, the word wiz... "Nathan, I think you mean 'pretend' watch, not 'batend'." "No, Dad, it's 'batend', with a 'B' - 'Buh' - Ba-tend!"

Yep - he's all mine!

No comments: