Ok, so we took a couple of months off from blogging, but now we're back. There's been plenty to blog about, just very little time to do it. Since Evan turned two, there's really no "down time" unless the boys are sleeping and that's usually the best time to: a.) clean, b.) catch up on news, reading, adult interaction, or c.) our own sleep. Hopefully, those of you who check the site daily (an average of three people, according to our site meter) have taken the opportunity to browse past blogs and stroll down "memory lane". The first few new blogs will probably cover some Christmas stories, before catching up to current events, but I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Here's a couple of quick updates on the boys...
Nathan has become fairly proficient on the computer these days! He navigates itunes and has his own playlist. Some of his favorites are, "In Wonder" by the Newsboys, "Change Me On The Inside" by Brian Doerksen, and "Papa-Ooo-Mow-Mow" by the Beachboys. (He needs to show his mom how to use itunes, so she can set up her own playlist!) He likes to play interactive games on the Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr. websites, which he can get to on his own. He likes to check the weather on our Desktop Weather program ("Daddy, it looks like it's gonna rain outside! I'll go check the weather on the computer!"). I actually had to create his personal "profile" so he doesn't re-name any more of my files ("vineyard website" folder was renamed, "ghkkkkkknb2276" not too long ago)!
Evan has become bigger and much more verbal. We haven't been able to bring ourselves to give him another haircut since his first last fall, because his curly locks are just too cute! He's been battling illness (flu, ear infection, sinus crud) for several weeks, as have Laura and I. But he's definitely a little trooper! One night a coughing spell caused him to throw up in the bed. After Laura cleaned him up, he came back to the bed where I was cleaning up the "spill". He looked at the spot, then looked at me and said excitedly, "LOOK, Daddy! I coughed on da bed!" Some of my favorite "Evanisms" are, "o-tay!"(o.k.) and "mm-hmm!"(he doesn't say "yes" much, although he did surprise me with a "yes sir!" the other day). Evan loves Nathan, too! He loves him so much that he harrasses his big brother endlessly. If Nathan is playing with a toy, Evan will grab it and run, just for the chase, and then give it back with a smile (sometimes). If he wants Nathan's attention, he'll whack him with a hand, toy, or article of clothing just for the interaction. These boys knock the fire out of each other at least several times an hour! It's the kind of "bonding" I missed out on with my brother, who who's always been so much smaller and weaker that I've always been afraid I'd hurt him badly if I really let loose on him(Hi, Brad!). Anyway, for all Evan's toughness, he's still our sweet little snuggle-bug, and he loves to give BIG HUGS and kisses! No matter how tired, sick or frustrated you may be, just one of Evan's hugs makes everything alright!
2.22.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment