7.05.2006

Time Flies...

It's been a little while since the last post... The boys are growing fast!

Evan has been crawling for a little while now, although when he first began he was only using his hands to pull himself around (his feet dragging behind). He then started getting up on his hands and feet (skipping the whole knee thing). Now, he's hard to keep up with! Occasionally, he stops and sits up to look around or check out some object (or eat some object). He is also throwing out random "words", which is cool. Now, I say "words" because I don't think he really knows what he's saying. I just hear things that sound like they could be intentional! I haven't heard him say "Na-tan" again since father's day, but he does regularly say, "da-da", "da-da-da", and "hi da-da" (I think those are intentional). Just this morning, while he was eating breakfast, I moved the spoon toward his mouth and asked, "do you want some more?" He smiled, and lunged toward the spoon with his mouth open, saying something that sounded a lot like, "hell, yeah!" I'm pretty sure that was not intentional!

Nathan has been becoming more and more independent. This is fine at home, where he is comfortable exploring the back yard or taking naps without being told. It's not so good in public places where he wants to go off on his own (ie: Wal-Mart). He's beginning to sing more - both along with his CD's, and all alone. He even makes up his own songs, and phrases on occasion. There are still some things he needs to learn about Evan, though. For starters, he's learning that he can't jump on Evan like he can on me! He's learning to share his toys. He's learning not to run over Evan with a stroller! And he's learning that Evan is tough and will slap and bite (lovingly, of course)!

Speaking of the boys, I've gotta run! Nathan is dragging Evan across the room by his feet! (And, as usual, Evan is just smiling and laughing!)


Evan (7mo)

No comments: