3.29.2006

Mommy Wheats

Nathan is a good eater. He eats a lot of stuff I don't remember even trying when I was a kid. (I'm broadening my palate as I mature, thanks.) One thing Nathan absolutely loves is Kellogg's Mini-Wheats. Frosted, of course. (He is a Peck boy, after all!) Kellogg's has come out with some new flavored mini-wheats: Vanilla Creme, and Strawberry. Laura and Nathan have tried both, and they're good. The strawberry version is Laura's favorite. She's referred to them before as "my mini-wheats", when asking me to pick some up at the store. Nathan took this to mean that the strawberry flavor belonged to Mommy. (He thinks Oreo cookies are "daddy's cookies", as Laura doesn't eat them.) So... last week, he woke up asking for mini-wheats. I grabbed the Vanilla Creme box, and Nathan began to fuss, "No, daddy! Not that one! The other ones - I want the Mommy Wheats!"

No comments: