6.04.2010

This Time

Evan has a drinking problem.  He's pretty much guaranteed to spill at least one or more drinks in the course of a day.  It doesn't matter if it's a juice box, Capri Sun bag, open cup, lid-topped, or padlocked sippy cup.  He WILL SPILL!  It's just a matter of when and where.  So... one evening this week, I was in the living room while the boys were (I THOUGHT) creating their latest lego creation at the kitchen table.  All of a sudden, there was the sound of crashing ice and liquid and "Awww, MAN!!" coming from their location.  I bolted into the room and there was a half-empty cup in the middle of a large pool of 7-UP and ice amid a scattered pile of legos, the day's mail and my two sons staring at me in anticipation of the THUNDER they knew was coming.  The fact that Nathan was holding the 7-UP can and looking VERY busted was the first clue that it was NOT Evan, for a change.  But just to make sure I knew, Evan threw up his hands and, with a big smile of surprise, said, "Dad! It wasn't ME this time!"

No comments: