6.01.2010

Love Fest

Nathan and Evan had a surprisingly weird  GOOD day together this past weekend!  It was Saturday, and Laura had gone to work after lunch.  The boys were playing with legos, and Evan decided to work a jigsaw puzzle (he's become very "into" and good at these lately).  He was trying to figure out part of the puzzle when he asked Nathan, "Hey, Nathan! Can you help me with this puzzle?"  Instead of the usual big-brother growl of not wanting to help his little brother, Nathan STOPPED WHAT HE WAS DOING (I KNOW! miRACulous, right?!) and helped Evan with that puzzle and then ANOTHER one.  Afterward, they played together for a couple of hours without fighting and I started wondering if they'd eaten something funny.  It was so PEACEFUL!  I remembered Psalm 133, "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" As I thought about that passage, it had much greater depth and wisdom than ever before.  King David KNEW about brothers and their fighting - the man had 13 sons that we know of!  He knew what he was talking about, which is why he concluded the short psalm with, "For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore."  Ahhh... if only this love fest could've lasted beyond that small afternoon window of time!

No comments: