6.02.2010

Marshmallow Mouth

Evan has a sensitive sniffer.  He's always quick to let me know if my breath is less than favorable.  He usually nails me when I kiss him goodnight.  That almost always happens BEFORE I prepare for bed myself.  So, he tells Laura and I, "Ooo... Your breath STINKS!  You need to brush your teeth!"  Well, one recent evening, he was having difficulty falling asleep and wandered into my room just as I was getting into bed.  Knowing he would fall asleep quickly beside me and I could then return him to his bed for the night, I invited him up.  As he snuggled up to me, I turned out the light and stroked his hair a little as I whispered, "I love you, Evan!"  He replied, "Daddy, did you brush your teeth?"  Well, I DID! AND, I flossed and rinsed with Listerine, so I was a little concerned by his asking (and thinking, it's not me - it's YOU, pal!).  "Yes, I did."  His next comment was quite hilarious... "Sometimes, after I brush my teeth, my mouth tastes like marshmallows."  I chuckled and replied, "Really?"  "Yeah... I DON'T LIKE the taste of marshmallows!" 

Note to self: Check the boys' toothpaste flavor!

No comments: