Nathan had a great couple of days' visit with his cousins, Megan & Wesley and his Uncle Brad and Aunt 'Neen. They were down from Shreveport for a couple of days. The kids learned that Nathan has a strong arm and a good aim (oww!), and will not hesitate to throw just about any object he can get his mitts on. (His plastic bat and golf clubs are now "outside" toys!) Of course, a firm "no" and the occasionally needed swat/spanking are helping to curtail the inappropriate throwing situations. He's learning that nailing daddy in the forehead with his ping-pong ball from across the room is not the acceptable means of getting my attention. Now, he's doing a better job of coming to me, placing himself in my direct line of sight, tilting his head ever so slightly and saying, "Hi, Daddy!" with a big smile on his face. It's much less painful for both of us!
Last night we visited the Schaafs in the hospital, and Nathan got to see their latest addition, "Drew Alexandra" (girl). He did not want to go into the room at first (crying and fighting to stay out). Since he had blood drawn (traumatically) a few times in his first 18 months, he absolutely freaks out in any situation that slightly resembles a doctor's office. He's fine in the lobby or the hallway, but once he sees a little room with an exam table or bed, it's all over. It's the same thing at the hair salon, too. I'm really looking forward to his dental appointment next Tuesday! :( We did finally lure him into the room with a balloon to see Drew and, once inside, he had a great time. Maybe we've overcome that little phobia! (That is, of course, until next Tuesday!)
Finally, last night we were preparing to go to sleep and he was practicing some of his words (his nightly routine). "Voice fleckon" (voice inflection). Funny how he latches on to some phrases he hears! I don't know too many 21 month old kids who are even concerned with that one! (Of course, I don't hang out with too many 21-month olds, either, so who knows?) He didn't nail it last night, but he did get "inflection" to three syllables before dozing off!
Oh, yeah! I asked him if he saw the candles on the cover of a magazine yesterday, to which he replied, "Oh, I see the candles! Three candles!" There were three candles on the birthday cake. I thought he could only count to two, but now I know he can make it to seven! (one, two, three, six, seven! =)
Until next time...
8.12.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment