Nathan is playing with a big plastic Tonka truck I bought him a few months back during a big Toys R Us sale, along with some other toys. I had forgotten about them, since I'd stored them in the spare room for later giving (Birthday, Christmas, etc.). I saw them today and decided to give him the pickup (there's also a Tonka dump truck, which I'll probably save for his birthday or Christmas. He's having a great time with it, because he can actually put stuff in this one (like his goat, "Billy" and his latest favorite ball - a ping-pong ball!). He's a little frustrated with the fact that the working tailgate doesn't stay closed well (I might have to super-glue that), and he's been asking me to turn the headlights on, but they don't actually work. After I gave it to him, he was so excited that he rolled it across the room and then began to jump and spin around in excitement, until he stopped suddenly, stared at his dresser in wide-eyed dizziness, smiled real big and said, "Whoah!"
This morning, Nathan (in my bed) awoke first... He woke happy as usual and, after playing with his little animal friends for a while, crawled over to me and patted me awake saying, "Daaa-deee" in a sing-song voice. He made sure I opened my eyes and looked at him and said, "Hi, Daddy!" I greeted him and began to stretch, including the straining sounds usually associated with stretching. Nathan looked at me very compassionately and said, "Daddy's poopin'?" I told him I was just stretching, and demonstrated by doing it again. He gave me that same concerned look and asked, "Daddy's booty hurts?"
He's also been enjoying his bouncy horse. He likes to say, "giddyup" and "Yee-ha" while riding. He's also very concerned about the horsey's hydration, apparently. He usually says, "Give horsey drink of milk (or water)" when he gets a drink. He's tried to give the horse a drink a number of times, but has only spilled once or twice. I'm glad we have limited carpet in our house!
We had a nice stretch of rain yesterday - about 1-2 hours of pretty good downpour. It came with much lightning flash and thunder, but I've got Nathan trained that thunder and lightning are fun to see and hear. The louder, the more excited he gets! He was jumping up and down, laughing and saying, "WOW! THUNDER, DADDY!"
Nathan's also getting more bold with his climbing on things. It's cool - I'm glad he's testing his limits, but he sometimes gets up on chairs, sofas, and other objects and is scared to get down. I guess it's better to be cautious than to have a head full of stitches.
He had a great time Sunday - Monday with Wesley(Nathan's cousin). Wes stayed with us while Jeuneen and Megan hosted her (Megan's) birthday sleep over at the Best Suites Inn. He had an even better trip than I thought, after Jeuneen called later in the day to tell me how he was going on and on about all he did over the visit. I told her I was glad he had a good time, but I had to correct some of his "embellishments", including one that we told him we were naming our next son "John". He should write fiction.
Well, that's it for now...
8.02.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment