It had been a rough morning with Evan and we were extremely late. Late getting ready, late getting the boys to school (ok, so I'm aware it's summer, but "daycare" sounds so "nursery")... and, of course, I was going to be late for work. Laura had already left b/c she had a meeting at her store early that day. SO, when Evan started WHINING about whatever it was that was bugging him at the moment, I SNAPPED at him to stop whining because I'd had enough of it for the rest of the day! (I know you should never snap at your children and I know that none of you ever snapped at yours, but sometimes I make mistakes in my parenting journey.) As Evan ran from me, crying, Nathan watched him go and then very calmly stated the following:
"Hey, Dad? Sometimes when you get mad and you're really loud, it kinda scares us and hurts our feelings... (pause)... I think you hurt Evan's feelings and you should tell him you're sorry."
Man! There's nothing quite like the rebuke of a five-year-old!
6.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment