9.22.2008
Not-So Sweet Release
It was a Saturday morning. September 20th, 2008. The sky was overcast; football played in the background on the television. "Daddy, I need-a poop!" I'd heard that before - AFTER there had already been a "deposit". If at first you don't succeed... So I sat there in the bathroom, on the side of the tub, waiting for the usual, "I don't need-a poop" statement. All of a sudden, there was a look of strain mixed with fear of the unknown - "Daddy!" "It's ok, pal!" Evan bent over, looked between his legs into the bowl and looked back at me with a wide-eyed, super-surprised expression and then whispered in amazement, "I just pooped in-a potty!" "NAAAATHAAANNN!!!!" we called. He was so excited for Evan, too! We all did a happy dance in the bathroom and congratulated Evan with smiles, laughter and high-fives (followed by a group hand-washing). My little boy is becoming a MAN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment