8.11.2008

The Final Countdown

Nathan visited his new class today. He met his teacher, Mrs. Mayers (pronounced "Myers"). He investigated the classroom, his seat, the toys and supplies, the restroom with a short potty, the playground and the John Deere all-terrain trikes. I asked him on the way to the orientation if he was excited about his new school. "I'm SO EXCITED, Daddy!!" was his reply. Though he went a little shy initially, I think he likes his new school, class and teacher so far. He even recognized a boy from his old school named Kyle, even though they were in different classes there. He's excited that he has a backpack and lunch bag and he's proud of his "graduating" to this new school. He did seem a little concerned for Evan still being at the old place, but encouraged Evan, "You're gonna be ok at my old school, buddy!" Evan doesn't seem to care, probably since they rarely saw each other during the day anyway. Pray for us and for the boys on Wednesday morning - new classes, new teachers, new classmates for both of them. I think they'll both do just fine.

No comments: