7.07.2008

Evan's Independence Day

When Evan would relieve himself in a diaper, we would call it "tee-tee" or "poops". "Hey Evan, ya got poops?" I would ask if he seemed to be "low-riding". Lately, we don't have to ask if his diaper needs changing - we know right away when he runs by with a naked bottom! He's been tee-teeing on his little potty more and more regularly, and asking for "underwear like Nathan" in place of a diaper or pull-up. I dug out some hand-me-down underwear for him (it's not as bad as it might seem - Nathan was very clean!) and put a pair on him last week. He ran around yelling through the house, "I'm wearing UNDERWAYER!" He's also wanted some specialty underwear like Nathan (Cars, monster trucks, Scooby-Doo...) I promised, "When you start pooping in the potty, then we'll get you some monster truck underwear like Nathan!" Tonight (July 7, 2008), at approximately 7:05 PM, he went to his potty, pulled down his "underwayer" and went to work. No one was in there with him to encourage or help. Laura was in the kitchen, I was on the phone in our bedroom, and Nathan was outside. I was not surprised to see him coming around the corner naked from the waist down. He said, "Daddy, I got poops!" "What? Where?," I asked as I placed my phone conversation on hold. "Inna potty... and on my leg!" he whined, as he turned to show me his "dirt". He ran away from me down the hall to his bathroom, where I witnessed the deposit - in the bowl, on the seat, and on the floor. I guess he got so excited that he stood up to admire his "work" before he was finished. Anyway, I ignored the messiness of his mess and yelled excitedly, "YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT!" as we high-fived and jumped up and down (not in the poops). I gained my composure and called for Laura to come see (and help). Now, I've got to fulfill my promise: vvvvrrrrRRROOOOOMMM!!!!

No comments: