4.04.2008
Bump In The Night
"AAAAGGGHHHH!!!! DAAAADEEEE!!!" Nathan awoke @ 2:04 AM (or something close to it) screaming his head off. I jumped out of bed, scrambling to rescue him from what I assumed was a cough-induced vomiting episode. Or a nightmare. Or an intruder into our home. Or he somehow managed to fall off of the top bunk ("top bunk not for children under age 6", the instructions read.)... "I'm coming, Nathan!" I assured from the hall as the door tried to tackle me by the foot, sending me bouncing off the opposite side of the door frame and stumbling down the hall like a pinball off the walls. When I made it into his room, he was still in his bed - on the top bunk, thank God! I assessed the situation in the dark, patting around where he sat sobbing to see if there was vomit. Nope, thank God! I picked him up and held him, asking, "did you have a bad dream, pal?" Nope. He had relieved himself of quite a bit of fluid from the before-bed-watermelon and his nighttime diaper had reached the limit. (Parenting Tip: Don't feed your kid a bowl of watermelon less than 30 min. before bedtime!!) He wasn't leaking, thank God! At least not until I picked him up to comfort him - then the dam broke! On my shirt! (Dam! ;) Anyway, we (yes, Laura had joined us to see what force had unleashed itself on the two senior peckboys of the house and offer her support to us) got the two of us cleaned up, clothed anew, and back in bed in a few short minutes - all but forgetting the "bladder gone wild" episode. It's four days later, though, and my foot still hurts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment