12.17.2007
Evan Uses The Potty!
We knew it was coming. He's been sitting on the training potty before getting in the tub for months - he just sits down and gets up too fast for anything to have a chance to deposit! He stands in front of the big potty just like Nathan and says, "I tee-tee!", but he hasn't (thankfully, as the rim is at his belly-button!). But on Sunday, December 16th, 2007, Evan Peck came running into the living room with nothing on but a shirt and a smile ("Oh, yes, we call him the STREAK!"). He came up to me at the computer and said, "DADDY! I tee-tee!" My first thought, upon sight of his waist-down nakedness, was "Uh-oh! WHERE?!" as I jumped up and followed him down the hall. He pointed toward the bathroom and said, "In dere!" I was scanning the floor along the way, when I realized the little trail of drops in the bathroom led into the training potty! "LAURA! Come quick!" I yelled toward the kitchen, as I inquired of the boys as to whether Evan sat or stood (Nathan was in there, too, as they were getting ready for a bath). My suspicions were confirmed: Evan had stood in front of the potty - like Nathan and Daddy. He still managed to get a good bit inside the potty. "Evan made a mess!" Nathan stated in judgment. "Well, it's his first time, and we still make a mess every now and then, too!" I reminded him. Once Laura was there, we all shouted and clapped and made a big fuss over Evan's milestone. He smiled real big and proud and basked in our praise as he climbed into the tub with Nathan. He then sat there with his head held high and smiled big at Nathan, who was clapping and congratulating his brother. Then the water fight was on, and things were back to normal. I just hope he sits down for his first poop on the potty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment