9.10.2007
Cool Beans!
My boys like green beans. They like the "french cut", "kitchen cut", and "italian" versions best. They like green bean casserole. They like them warm from the stove-top and even cold from the 'fridge (left-overs). Nathan, however, does not like "school beans". I'm assuming that we're talking about baked beans or some other non-green beans. I asked him what he ate for lunch the other day when I picked him up. He told me he had two hot-dogs. I asked him if he had any vegetables. He said he didn't, because he doesn't like the "school beans". "School beans?" I asked. "Yeah, I don't like those 'school beans'. I just like 'home beans'." I laughed to myself and said in my best "inner-city" vernacular, "YO! Whassup, home-beans?!" I turned around to see both boys staring at me with the "Daddy-is-a-strange-and-peculiar-man" look on their faces. "Yep," I thought to myself, "I'm gonna be getting that look from them regularly for the rest of my days." (I'd like to personally thank my own Dad for that!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment