10.08.2006
Say What You Mean
I'm one of those people who tries to be literal when using directions. Since we live in South Louisiana, there aren't many places we visit "down" anywhere. If we go to Dallas, we go "up" to Dallas. If we go to Baton Rouge or Houston, we go "over". If we go to Orlando, we go "down". When we adjust our thermostat, we adjust it "up" for a warmer temperature, and "down" for a cooler one. If someone asks me to turn "up" the air, we assume they mean warmer. Recently, I replaced our old manual thermostat with a digital one. The old one had a dial, the new one has buttons. The day after we (Nathan and I) installed it, I was putting him down for a nap. I was sitting with him for a moment, when I realized it was a little warm in his room. I got up and told him I was going to go "turn the air down". He sat up and corrected me, "You don't turn it down, Daddy! You push it down!" I can't get anything past that kid! (Not even the things that get past me!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment