Nathan and I had a rough day yesterday. He "pushed" me all day long. It seemed that anything he knew not to do, along with anything I told him not to do, is exactly what he did! Our discussions and corrective measures were frequent over the course of the day, and I really felt frazzled by the end of it. I was "telling" on him to Laura before we all went to bed, and Nathan marched over to where I was sitting, climbed up on my lap and put his hands on my face, pulling mine right up to his. As our noses were smashed into each others, he looked intently into my eyes, and said firmly, "I love you, Daddy!" It was as if he said, "Ok. Let's not re-hash all the drama of the day for Mommy! Let's put it behind us and move on, Dad! I love you, you love me. LET IT GO, ok?"
Nathan's gonna be a great dad someday. (Someday 25 + years from now!)
I wonder what he'll teach me today.
6.07.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment