There have been a few occasions where, in anger, I've called Nathan a "little knot-head" (ie: "quit pushing on your brother, you little knot-head!"). I know there are worse things people have called their kids, but I still felt bad about calling him anything derogatory. In the past two days, both of the boys have suffered self-inflicted "knots" on their heads, prompting this post. On Sunday, Evan was playing on the floor and got a hold of Nathan's wooden hammer (for his little peg bench toy). I realized he was chewing on it just as he pulled it back, looked at it, and popped himself in the eye socket! The sweet baby who rarely cries was wailing for a few minutes after that one. Today, Nathan "took a dive" on the back porch while playing and ended up with a pretty nasty hematoma. We took Nathan to a doctor to get it checked out, and everything seemed fine other than the swelling. He never lost consciousness, and his hearing was normal - selective, as usual. He even told his aunt "I have a golfball on my head!", repeating my description earlier in the evening on the phone. I have a feeling he'll look a lot worse than he feels for some time. So... here are my little knot-heads:

Thankfully, Evan's knot didn't leave a mark.
Nathan's did!
Neanderthal profile.
"Knot? What Knot? I got a sucker!"

No comments:
Post a Comment