5.30.2006

Hard Workin' (little) Man

Nathan is a hard worker. Over the past couple of weeks, he's helped us re-do our landscaping by raking (Son! Don't rake the flowers!), shoveling dirt (including "christening" Evan with it), pulling weeds (and good grass, and flowers, and entire new plantings).

He also won a fight with a miniature rose bush (the roses are miniature - the bush is twice his size). He had been chasing a lizard near the bush and apparently chased him into the bush. He came to me as I was working behind him and asked, "Daddy, what's this?", extending his bloodied fingers. I immediately realized what had happened and explained that the rose bush had cut his fingers and he was bleeding a little bit. He was so excited that he had an excuse to get a bandage!

He also worked really hard to help keep everybody cool with his water guns. I had issued his pistols to him so he could shoot at bugs and lizards. That lasted all of about five minutes, and then he turned on me... and Evan... and our neighbor, whom he calls "Aunt Liz"! Good thing they're small pistols!

No comments: