9.14.2009

Random Belly

Nathan is into bellies. Ok, let me rephrase: Nathan is curious about bellies. He thinks they're funny and he always tells us when someone's shirt hikes up to reveal their belly. Whether me, Laura, Evan, family, friends, strangers, even people on TV or print ads, he's got some sort of "belly radar" or something. SO, it was not too surprising when, while getting undressed for a bath recently, Nathan asked, "Mom, what does GOD's belly look like?" (I mean, REALLY, how can I NOT share these stories?) Laura responded something about the fact she's never seen God's belly. Nathan poked his own belly out and rubbed it, saying, "I bet God has a BIG belly!" I left the room after that, but I'm guessing that, since Jesus was a carpenter by trade and they didn't use power tools back in his time, he probably had a pretty well-toned set of abs. I wonder if God smiles at the random thoughts of my sons like I do.

No comments: