11.03.2008

Mix and Match

The problem with having a mother who works in retail clothing is that you can't get away with many mis-matched outfits. I think Laura gave me a couple of shirts before she ever gave me a kiss! Anyway, now we have two pre-school boys who are extremely particular about what they wear. I don't remember being this way, but MAN, they don't want to wear clothes that don't "match". Just yesterday, I was helping Evan get ready for school and it was "paint the town red" day (see previous post). I had some red sweatpants, with a gray t-shirt for him. "No, Daddy, that shirt doesn't match." (Sure it does, gray goes with just about anything - just like blue jeans.) "NO, Daddy! I don't wanna wear it." I placed the shirt beside his pants and pointed out the matching red in the "Ragin' Cajuns" image and lettering on the front of the shirt. "Ok, I'll wear it." It would be cute if this was an isolated situation, but just earlier this week, Evan fussed about his juice box not matching his shirt - they were clashing shades of green. I'm ready for them to wear uniforms to school!

No comments: