7.07.2005

C'mon, Lady!

Nathan noticed the print on the wet-wipes we use the other day and thought it was a dog. I told him it was a sheep, and now whenever we use a wet-wipe, he says "wipe sheep - baaa!" and laughs.

He's heard several commercials with "www-dot-(whatever)-dot-com", and lately he'll burst out with a "www-dot-com" on occasion. The other day, he was calling me "daddy-dot-com".

Nathan's favorite book is "Hunky Dory" (go figure - it was one of mine early on). He loves to flip through and say the names of the animals he knows. (pig, goat, doggy, cat, bunny rabbit, and, especially raccoon)

We have a number of lizards around the house (outside), and he was chasing one on the patio the other day and stopped, pointed at it, and told Laura, "Mommy, look at him! Lizard!!"

One of our semi-regular routines before bed is to go outside and tell the moon and stars nite-nite. The other night, the clouds were hiding them, so I explained to him they were "hiding". Now, if we don't see them (day or night), he says, "Moon-stars hiding?" He also says other things/people are hiding if they can't be found. "Billy Goat(one of his two sleeping pals) hiding, Daddy!", or "Colorado(the other one - a stuffed moose) hiding". If Laura or I are in the shower, it's "Mommy's hiding in a shower!"

He also knows what many animals "say". Tiger, Monkey, Sheep, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chicken, Duck, and his favorite - the Lion (he throws his head back, pokes out his chest, throws his hands up and says "ROAR!")

For now, he's only picked up on "C'mon, Lady!" and "C'mon, Doggonit!" as far as driving commentary goes. I'm trying not to let any "Moron", "Stupid" or "Crap" comments slip out from now on... This "parroting" is tough!

Oh yeah - he's also started putting up a defense when he senses he's in trouble or about to be spanked... He puts on a big smile, bends over toward me and says, "Hi Daddy!" in hopes that I'll be charmed by his sweetness and forget about the training/discipline. At least he's smiling right before I spank him!

No comments: